1. On the street, he’s all-alone
He’s a cat, has to find a home.
He keeps moving, looks everywhere.
Wherever he goes seems like no one cares.
2. One day he finds an open door,
People checking in and out books galore.
He is curious as can be.
He walks right into a library.
Dewey, Dewey’s a cat.
On the library shelf is where he’s at.
He’s a cat that knows his facts.
(snap snap) He’s a library cat.
3. Goes inside. He sniffs the air.
Makes a friend. He’s welcomed there.
His new home, he fits in.
He’s very smart. Take a look at him.
4. He knows one plus one is two.
You say “Dewey,” he comes to you.
You start to read. He takes a seat.
You say the word fish and he’s at your feet. Chorus:
5. Give him toys. He gets wired.
Plays a while. Then he gets tired
When he’s ready to take a nap
He curls up right on your lap.
6. Up and down the aisle he goes
Here and there he pokes his nose.
He is gentle. He doesn’t spit.
At the library, he’s a hit. Chorus: